Menu Close

How Paul Pelosi managed to alert the authorities before the beating

How Paul Pelosi managed to alert the authorities before the beating

Paul Pelosi, the husband of U.S. Speaker Nancy Pelosi managed to place a call to authorities before the beating, which eventually saved his life.


According to reports, when his attacker David DePape who is now in custody, broke into the house and started trashing the place, Paul Pelosi tricked DePape by telling him he needed to use the bathroom. DePape granted his request and Paul Pelosi placed a call to the authorities from the bathroom.

How It Happened

When police came on Friday at 2 a.m., they saw DePape, 42, fighting with Pelosi inside his house over a hammer. When he first entered the house, DePape screamed out for Nancy before attempting to restrain the 82-year-old man with a bag of zip ties he had brought.

According to a Politico report, Pelosi had left his phone charging in the bathroom and was therefore unable to use it during the incident. Only after entering the bathroom was he able to make a call to the police for assistance.


After the incident, Pelosi was taken to the hospital for treatment. Pelosi took a blow from the hammer at least once, but doctors say he will make a full recovery.


Oxane Taub sheds more light on David DePape’s behavior

According to his alleged ex-life partner Oxane Taub, DePape, a conspiracy theorist who frequently wrote online, has been “mentally ill for a long time.”

Taub claimed in an interview with ABC7 to have raised two sons with DePape along with her daughter from a previous relationship. She is a jailed nudist activist who was found guilty of kidnapping. She told the source, “He is mentally ill. He has been mentally ill for a long time. We broke up around seven years ago.”

Taub went on to describe one instance in which DePape allegedly returned home after going missing for over a year without a trace.

“DePape came back in very bad shape. He thought he was Jesus. He was constantly paranoid, thinking people were after him. And it took a good year or two to get back to, you know, being halfway normal,” she added.

DePape is charged with attempted homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse, burglary and other offenses.




Share your thought